Welcome to the online RPL for Access assessment portal. This portal is designed to aid you in your RPL for Access application at your chosen higher education institution. Before we begin, please ensure the following:
- I am of school leaving age or higher
- I am a South African Citizen OR I am an International applicant and I have received feedback from SAQA or the educational institution that I have not met the minimum requirements for access into the course/qualification that I wish to apply at.
- I am currently not in school or part of a registered higher education qualification.
- Where I do not have matric, I am not at an age or position to complete matric first/ anymore.
I have access to the following:
- A copy of my ID Document/Passport – (In Pdf format)
- A copy of my latest schooling/educational certificate(s) and/or my equivalence certificates from SAQA (equivalence certificate is for international students only) – (In Pdf format)
- This process will require me to provide evidence of my skills or learning, be that through a job, project, extra-curricular activities, etc. I have evidence of these in the forms of for example reference letters, informal certificates, work samples, photos, videos, sound clips, and/or motivational letters
- I have access to an internet-connected device like a computer in order to complete the application process. If not, I can go to the educational institution and make use of one of their computers to complete this process
- I have funding for this course (e.g. self-payment, sponsor, employer who pays)
- I can afford the fee for this RPL Access/ Alternative Access process
- I am able and interested in attending information sessions regarding this process at the educational institution
- I can complete the final assessments on a computer with a stable internet connection, without any assistance from anyone and in an environment that is free from distraction
If you do not meet these above minimum requirements, please note that this means that this process is not applicable to you. We urge you in this case to contact your educational institution for additional options that may be available to you. Additionally, you can click on the Help button at the bottom right-hand corner for additional help, before continuing.